Can I place my heater against a wall?
What do I do if my heater does not operate?
- UNPLUG THE UNIT and make sure the heater is placed in an upright position.
- If the unit has a thermostat, it may be set too low. Turn the thermostat to its highest setting until the heater restarts. Make sure the Selector is in the High, Low, or Eco-Smart(TM) setting.
- Make sure the electrical outlet or circuit breaker is working.
- Check for obstructions. If you find an obstruction turn the heater OFF, and UNPLUG THE UNIT. Carefully remove the obstruction and follow the reset instructions.
- DO NOT attempt to open or repair the heater.
- If your heater is still not operating, please refer back to the troubleshooting section of your user manual.
Why does my heater keep shutting off?
Here are some common reasons that portable electric heaters shut off:
- The thermostat on the heater is not set high enough.
- The heater needs to be reset due to an overheat situation. Consult your owners manual for additional details.
- If the unit has tip-over safety protection: To reset, simply place the heater in an upright position on a level surface.
What if the incorrect temperature is displayed?
How do I clean my heater?
Always unplug the heater before cleaning and allow the heater to cool down.
- Clean the unit with a soft cloth moistened with a mild soap solution.
- NEVER use abrasive or flammable solvents to clean the unit.
- After cleaning, be sure to completely dry the unit with a cloth or towel.
- Store Heater in a cool, dry location.
- It is recommended that you store the unit in its original carton.
TIP: Over time, dust may accumulate on the front grill. This can be removed by wiping the unit with a damp cloth.
Why does my heater turn on and off all the time?
Can I use an extension cord with my heater?
When I turn my heater from low to medium or high should the fan speed increase?
NOTE: Fan speeds are held constant to ensure that the fan does not offset heat output.
Can I use my heater in a bathroom?
How are heaters rated?
How do I set the digital thermostat?
How do I set the manual thermostat?
- Turn the Thermostat Control clockwise to the highest position to start heater. Allow heater to operate and warm up the room.
- When the desired temperature/comfort level is reached, lower the temperature setting by turning the Thermostat Control counter-clockwise until the heater stops operating.
- This will now be the unit's pre-set temperature level and the thermostat will now automatically maintain that temperature range by turning the heater ON and/or OFF accordingly.